With recent headlines and hourly news updates about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, in particular the NBA and NCAA, we know many of you have concerns regarding the status and safety protocols for all large gatherings. It’s due to these concerns and our efforts to lead in the interest of public safety that we are cancelling our 15U and 16U Tryouts for 2020.
We know that this news is very disappointing to you, as it is to us, but we are not in a position to put anyone at risk.
Because there will not be a tryout process for either team, the selection process will rely on the following:
- Our staff/coaches will evaluate and review all players’ performance during the 2019-2020 High School season.
- Level of competition (School, Conference, Varsity, JV or Freshman)
- Player’s production at those levels. Not playing Varsity or at a large school is not an automatic disqualification.
- Our knowledge of your 2019 Spring/Summer activities and production and performance in BBE’s Fall League, etc.
- Best fit for each Bradley Beal Elite team. Our goal is to build the most competitive “team” of players and that doesn’t always translate to the perceived “best” players or collection of talent. We know that this is not a perfect system and will leave a lot of questions, however, this is the situation that we’ve all been presented and with you all the best during this process.
Method: We will not be able to notify each person if they are NOT selected, so if you DO NOT received any correspondence from BBE we wish you the best of luck during this Spring/Summer.
Date: We will contact all selected players in consideration for the teams by the following dates:
- 15U – Monday, March 16th
- 16U – Monday, March 23rd
MESSAGE FROM THE CDC
To minimize the risk of transmission of the coronavirus at any event or activity, we are strongly encouraged to follow the guidance below from the CDC. Please use your own discretion when attending any other public event. To prevent illness and help reduce the spread of respiratory diseases, please:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth/nose with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Over the next 3-4 months we encourage you to have “standard prevention kits” on hand at events/activities which include:
- hand sanitizer
- disinfecting wipes
For more information and updates on the COVID-19 pandemic, including symptoms, additional prevention tips and important travel information, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019- ncov/index.html.
Thank you again and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.